ROXY: Win a Trip to Waikiki Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
1. Sweepstakes Timing: Roxy’s Win a Trip to Waikiki Sweepstakes 2022 (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 30, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The time shall be determined by Sponsor’s timekeeping systems, and Sponsor may also rely on the time processing functions of third parties. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter for free by visiting https://roxy.com/win-a-trip-to-waikiki and completing the online entry form for the Sweepstakes with your full name, date of birth, state of residence, email address and related information (“Entry”). All Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM PT on September 30, 2022 and received by Sponsor by 11:59 PM PT on October 1, 2022. Limit one (1) Entry per person, per email account, per household. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one (1) Entry will result in such entrant being disqualified. Each Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the Entry.
4. Winner Selection/Odds of Winning: There will be one (1) winner of this Sweepstakes who will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor or its designee, on or about October 24, 2022 based on all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. A potential winner from Canada, if any, will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without aid or assistance before being declared a winner. Each winner’s name will be available after November 15, 2022, see below. Odds of winning a prize is dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Notification: The potential winner will be notified by email and/or phone call from Sponsor on or about October 24, 2022. Potential winner must respond to the notification message and provide all requested information within 10 days of the first contact or attempted contact from Sponsor or the potential prize may be forfeited. To claim the prize, winner must complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release forms and other applicable documents, which may require a social security number and may need to be notarized, before claiming and prize. In addition, a potential winner from Canada, if any, will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without aid or assistance before being declared a winner. All required documents must be completed and returned to Sponsor within five (5) days of the date and time listed on the documents. At Sponsor’s discretion, the potential winner may be required to produce picture or some other form of proper identification to claim any prize. Non-winning entrants will not be notified. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to timely claim the prize, is disqualified or ineligible to win, fails to timely execute and return any required forms, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may select an alternate winner via random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries. If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held to award the advertised number of prizes. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): One (1) prize will be awarded to the “Winner,” as determined in accordance with these Official Rules, that consists of: a six (6) day, five (5) night trip for Winner and one guest (“Guest”) to Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, Hawaii to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort or a comparable resort hotel (“Hotel”) in Oahu, Hawaii (“Prize”). All food, beverages, activities and other transportation are excluded from the Prize. See details and conditions below.
- a. Air Travel: The Winner will receive two (2) round trip coach tickets to Honolulu International Airport (HNL) from the US or Canada airport nearest to Prize place of residence and up to a maximum of USD$900.00 per ticket including all taxes and fees and will be booked by Sponsor and its agencies. Winner must travel within dates between January 1 and December 31, 2023 (“Travel Period”). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of both tickets up to USD$1,800.00. Sponsor will work with Winner to find travel times and dates that accommodate the Winner and these conditions.
- b. Hotel: Winner will receive five (5) nights’ accommodations in a double occupancy room for the Winner and their Guest at the Hotel (ARV USD$3,000.00). Any upgrades or changes to room, damage to room or the Hotel, or charges to the room (including but not limited to any food, room service, spa treatments, or activities), whether they are related to the actions of Prize Winner or their Guest, are Prize Winner’s sole responsibility and cost. Total ARV of the Prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is up to four thousand eight hundred dollars and zero cents (USD$4,800.00). All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
- d. The Guest: The Guest of the Winner must be the age of majority in their resident state (e.g., at least 18) or older and will be required to execute an Affidavit and Release of Liability form. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of their Prize with no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and any remainder of the Prize for Guest will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
- e. Travel Documents. Winner and their Guest will be responsible for all travel documents and identification acceptable to airlines, security and governmental agencies as well as any testing or vaccines required by the airline, Hotel, or the state of Hawaii.
- f. No warranties on Prize. All elements of the Prize are “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, express or implied. No substitution, exchange or transfer of the Prize, or cash redemption will be made or is permitted except in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- g. Travel Conditions on the Prize:
- i. Air travel and Hotel are dependent on availability. All air travel and the Hotel must be booked by December 1, 2023, must be for dates within the Travel Period, and must be completed by the last date of the Travel Period or the Prize will be forfeited. Travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply including school holidays and public holiday periods. If travel restrictions due to COVID-19 or any other unforeseen circumstances significantly restrict travel to Hawaii during the Travel Period or require quarantine, Sponsor may elect in its sole discretion to extend the dates of the Travel Period until such restrictions have been lifted.
- ii. Winner and their Guest must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Travel arrangements to and from the Winner’s home and the airport of departure do not form part of the Prize and are the sole responsibility of the Winner, including any shuttles or taxis to or from the airport or Hotel.
- iii. Flights are subject to the fare rules and General Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos and availability at the time of booking. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner is responsible for the payment of any applicable airline excess baggage fees, add-ons, or other fees, taxes and surcharges. The Winner and their Guest will not be entitled to accrue frequent flyer points on the travel or accommodation. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- iv. The ARV for travel prizes may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Sweepstakes begins. The Prize Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. In the event that the Prize Winner is unable to travel during the stipulated Travel Period then they forfeit the entire Prize with no further compensation or further liability of the Sponsor.
- v. Any additions, upgrades, or extension to the duration of the Prize is at the Winner’s sole expense and subject to availability at the time of booking. Once flights and accommodation are booked, dates may not be amended, changed or cancelled.
- vi. In the event the Winner’s residence is close enough to the destination or Hotel such that air transportation is deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be unnecessary, the Prize will not include air transportation and no other substitution or compensation will be provided in lieu thereof.
- vii. Unless otherwise specified above all other expenses are the responsibility of the Winner (and their Guest) including but not limited to meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, passports, activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the Winner at time of accommodation check-in to cover incidental charges and damages.
8. Sponsor’s Authority. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes and to disqualify any entrant for any reason, in its sole discretion, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If such cancelation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner from among all eligible entries. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. General Terms: All federal, state and local taxes, related to the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for, including but not limited to, technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. Releases: By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, each other Sweepstakes Entity, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to, your participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities (including, without limitation, events, travel, etc.) and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder (including, without limitation, any non-compliance by you with these Official Rules; acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; any malfunction, error or other problem arising in connection with the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any winner). The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claim for personal injury, property loss or damage, or death arising in any way in connection with the Sweepstakes.
11. Third Party Platforms: The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram (collectively, the “Social Network”). By participating, you release the Social Network and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, from and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize. Any questions regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. Winner List: To obtain the winner’s name send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor at the below address, Attn: Roxy: Win a Trip to Waikiki Sweepstakes 2022 with a written request by January 31, 2023.
14. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Boardriders Wholesale, LLC, 5600 Argosy Circle, #100, Huntington Beach, CA 92649. Boardriders, ROXY, the ROXY Logo and others are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sponsor and its affiliates, licensors and licensees in the United States and other countries. All rights in such names are hereby reserved. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Any questions regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor at: firstname.lastname@example.org. www.boardriders.com and www.ROXY.com
Specialists are available:
Monday-Friday from 6AM - 6PM PST
Excluding Saturday, Sunday and US Holidays.
Get immediate answers to our most frequently asked questions.